CABEF announces winners of prestigious national agricultural scholarships
By Canadian Poultry magazineNews Company News
Recipients include six students from across Canada.
Six students from across the country are recipients of the 2023 scholarships, sponsored by the Canadian Agri-Business Education Foundation.
The $2,500 scholarships are awarded to students entering or currently pursuing an agricultural or agri-food related program at a Canadian college, university or technical institution.
This year’s recipients are:
- Sarah MacDonald, Vanderhoof, B.C.
- Erin Hughes, Longview, Alta.
- Wyatt Pavloff, Perdue, Sask.
- Milan Lukes, Winnipeg, Man.
- Kyla Lewis, Dorchester, Ont.
- Matthew Bishop, Round Hill, N.S.
Applicants were assessed on a combination of their leadership attributes, and written or video response to the question “Choose one UN Sustainable Development goal and highlight three ways your future career in agriculture and food will contribute to it.”
“We are proud to support the next generation of agri-food leaders with these scholarships,” says Becky Parker, chair of the board for CABEF. “Each of the six recipients demonstrated impressive determination to support a sustainable future through their upcoming careers. We are confident that they will all make a positive impact on Canadian agriculture as they pursue their passions.”
Print this page
- Ontario abandons proposal to sever farmland lots in response to farmer opposition
- From the Editor: EFC turns 50 with an eye on 100