Cobb unveils new Broiler Management Guide
By Canadian Poultry magazineNews Barn Management Bird Management Company News
Document includes expanded, updated and newly added technical expertise.
The new Cobb Broiler Management Guide includes expanded, updated and newly added technical expertise to help customers optimize flock performance.
The guide is available on the Cobb website and the Cobb Flock Management app.
It covers topics such as water management, ventilation, equipment and several other best practices in broiler management.
“At Cobb, we consistently bring our customers the latest technical expertise to help make sure products reach maximum performance,” says Robin Jarquin, director of world tech services. “The new broiler guide includes critical information to help support even more yield, better feed conversion, and healthy flocks for customers.”
New information includes:
- Recommendations on how to reuse litter.
- Water management recommendations including a reference table to help evaluate water quality.
- Management techniques and diagrams for naturally ventilated houses.
- Guidance for record keeping and data collecting along with sample sheets to record information.
Expanded and updated information includes:
- Updated format and guide composition to make information easy to find.
- Expanded explanation of tunnel ventilation with additional data and graphs.
- Updated equipment installation recommendations for both perimeter and tunnel inlets with inlet sizing examples.
- Expanded information on circulation fan systems and their role in managing house moisture levels.
- Updated general recommendations for installing high-pressure fogging systems.
- A simplified approach to understanding the specific fan requirements for the various levels of ventilation with easy-to-follow calculations using the same sample house dimensions and fans throughout.
“The Cobb Broiler Management Guide is an industry-leading resource that helps customers raise the bar and achieve the full potential of broilers,” said Jarquin. “It is one of the many ways Cobb supports customers and makes quality protein accessible, healthy, and affordable worldwide.”
Print this page