EFO accepting new quota pool applications
By Egg Farmers of OntarioFeatures Profiles Researchers Business/Policy Canada Poultry Production Production
Mar. 25, 2013, Mississauga, ON – Egg Farmers of Ontario (EFO) is once again giving individuals an opportunity to become Ontario’s newest egg farmer by applying to the 2013 New Entrant Quota Loan Pool (NEQLP). Applications will be accepted from April 1, 2013 until May 31, 2013.
“We are once again pleased to offer this opportunity,” said EFO Chair Scott Graham. “This program has been well received the past two years and we look forward to welcoming another egg farmer into the industry.”
To be eligible for EFO’s 2013 New Entrant Quota Loan Pool, an applicant must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant;
- Be a permanent resident of Ontario;
- Not have held quota, currently or in the past, of any type in the supply-managed sector (egg, pullet, chicken, turkey, dairy or hatching eggs);
- Successful applicants will be required to purchase to match the quota loan, based on a 1:2 ratio;
- Priority will be given to persons between the ages of 18 and 45.
“We again encourage all prospective candidates to submit an application for this program. It’s an ideal way for potential egg farmers to join this exceptional industry.” said Scott Graham, EFO Chair.
Applicants who meet the above criteria will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of well-respected and knowledgeable industry representatives and EFO will act as a resource for the committee. Committee members are selected by EFO and may include:
- An Accountant;
- A Financial Representative;
- An OMAFRA staff person;
- A non-director egg farmer and
- A representative from Junior Farmers Association of Ontario
To apply, interested individuals must complete and submit an application form (available through EFO or at www.getcracking.ca/news.asp) along with a $113.00 non-refundable fee. Applicants are encouraged to submit a Business Plan with their application. Successful applicants will be required to purchase quota based on a 1:2 ratio (1 unit purchased, 2 loaned). Applications will be accepted from April 1, 2013 to May 31, 2013.
Print this page