Large-scale deadstock disposal guide for Ontario
By Canadian Poultry magazineFeatures Bird Management Production Canada Livestock Production Poultry Production Producer tools Production
The Ontario Livestock and Poultry Council have developed a guide to assist municipalities incorporate emergency deadstock disposal provisions into their existing municipal emergency response plans.
The main objective of the planning guide is to provide municipalities with a systematic approach
- Identify the available disposal options
- Profile the municipality to determine the extent of any potential disposal problem(s)
- Select an appropriate disposal method(s)
- Implement a process to develop and maintain a mass carcass disposal plan.
Ontario Pork and OLPC are partnering to offer workshops with municipalities to walk them through the process of completing a mass carcass disposal plan for their municipality utilizing the Mass Carcass Disposal Guide for Municipalities. While pork is being used as the example, the planning template applies to all livestock and poultry species.
An electronic version is available at http://www.ontlpc.ca/pdfs/downloads/MassCarcassDisposalGuideRevisedMay2017.pdf
Print this page
- New agricultural water pump program
- 2018 Canadian Agricultural Outlook forecasts strength and growth