The 2018 winners are:
- Adriana Van Tryp, Burdett, Alta.
- Laura Carruthers, Frenchman Butte, Sask.
- Pete Giesbrecht, Winkler, Man.
- Owen Ricker, Dunnville, Ont.
- Jeremy Chevalley, Moose Creek Ont.
- Émilie Carrier, Princeville, Que.
- Justin Kampman, Abbotsford, B.C.
Scholarship winners are evaluated on a combination of leadership attributes, academic standing and their response to the essay question, "What do you consider to be the three main opportunities for the Canadian agriculture industry and which one inspires you the most?"
“We are proud to support the future of the Canadian agriculture industry by providing these scholarships,” said Jenn Norrie, chair of the board for CABEF. “With the high-quality applications received from students across the country, the future of Canadian agriculture is bright.”
For further information about CABEF’s work, visit cabef.org.