The Cluster, administered by the Canadian Poultry Research Council (CPRC), provides an opportunity for eligible projects to receive federal funding in addition to industry funding.
Researchers are invited to complete and submit our full proposal funding application form during this special call for proposals.
To be considered for funding, research projects must align with the outlined research priorities (see below) and the principal investigator must also work full-time in a Canadian institution or organization.
- Full project proposals will be reviewed and funding decisions made by July 31, 2017
- Projects that receive a positive funding decision will be included in the Poultry Research Cluster submission to Agriculture and Agri-Foods Canada (AAFC) in the Fall of 2017
- Projects approved by AAFC will begin no earlier than April 1, 2018
- Eligible projects must fall under the research priorities listed below in order to be considered
- Research priorities
- Hen behaviour and health in alternative housing systems, including housing system design, management and production practices, and pullet rearing
- End of flock management, including catching, loading and transport, and on-farm depopulation
- Hen health
- Gut health
- Dietary ingredients
- Environment and sustainability
- Production practices and technologies that decrease environmental impact and increase sustainability