Food & Beverage Canada (F&BC) will work to be the national voice for this vital sector of Canada's economy.
The organization is a collection of seven regional food and beverage manufacturing associations plus leading industry and stakeholder members.
It will work with governments to shape public policy and industry actions. In a press release, F&BC outlined some of its top priorities. They include:
- Ensuring smart regulations that serve the public interest while maintaining a competitive environment;
- Building a healthier, more sustainable and ethical food system;
- Promoting innovation in food and beverage manufacturing processes and practices;
- Creating global trade opportunities for products;
- Protecting and informing consumers while enabling consumer choice; and
- Providing skilled jobs and rewarding employment for Canadians.
- Co-Chairs: Michael Burrows, CEO, Maple Lodge Farms & Daniel Vielfaure, Managing Director, Bonduelle Americas Long Life
- Vice Chair: Sylvie Cloutier, CEO, Conseil de la transformation alimentaire du Québec (CTAQ)
- Secretary: Rosemary MacLellan, VP Strategy & Industry Affairs, Gay Lea Foods
- Treasurer: Joe Makowecki, President & CEO, Heritage Frozen Foods
- Director at Large: Rory McAlpine, Sr. VP, Government and Industry Relations, Maple Leaf Foods