Nine businesses and the municipal government received grants. The amounts ranged from $7,000 to $1 million.
Innovation PEI established a steering committee to administer the fund and review funding applications; the committee included representatives from Innovation PEI, Borden-Carleton, the Central Development Corporation, ACOA, and McCain’s.
The 10 successful applicants announced include:
- MacDougall Steel: $1 million.
- Silliker Glass: $300,000.
- Atlantic Beef Products: $142,000.
- Mrs. Dunsters: $26,000.
- Tree Top Haven: $25,000.
- Island Apple Storage: $25,000.
- P.E.I. Handpie Company: $7,000.
- Town Of Borden-Carleton: $50,000.
- Canadian Cold Storage: $200,000 (subject to project approval).
- Larkins Poultry: $225,000 (subject to project approval).