Restlessness, plumage damage and injuries or even cannibalism are commonly the result. "Manipulability materials" are intended to give the animals the opportunity to live out their natural behavior. Such activity materials have an effect when the treatment of the beaks is given up.
PECKStones provide laying hens, turkeys and broilers from the first day of life, the possibility and the incentive to deal with the material. They work on it by picking and wearing out the beak tip in a natural way.
When using PECKStones, stress-triggering interactions between the animals can be avoided and the risk of feather pecking can be minimized. In addition, the animals have the possibility to add to their diet, magnesium and sodium according to their individual requirements. As these elements play a role in nerve activity, this can help to calm the animals.
PECKStones are also an added, individually accessible source of calcium. This is particularly important in the evening hours when filling the calcium storages for egg formation at night.
- Chicks and broilers from the first day of life – place the stones directly on the ground
- Pullets and young turkeys, laying hens – place the stones on the inverted bowl
- Larger turkeys depending on the age – place the stones at the activity level by means of the hanging element (can be supplied)
- For 500 to 800 animals, at least one PECKStone should be provided
- PECKStones can also be stored, they have a long shelf life when kept in a dry and rodent-free storage
- Reduce stress-triggering interactions between the animals
- Secure active preoccupation by consuming the material
- Prevent behavior deviations
- Promote activity and agility
- Satisfy the animals' need for individual intake of minerals
- Contribute to calcium supply for a strong egg shell
- Support natural beak wear