McCain grant provides funds towards P.E.I. processing plant
By Department of Economic Development and TourismFeatures Business & Policy Company News Canada Company News Grants & Awards Livestock Production Poultry Production Programs
May 17, 2017, Borden-Carleton, P.E.I. – The recipients of grants from a $2 million transition fund set up by McCain after it closed its potato processing plant in 2014 in Borden-Carleton, P.E.I., were announced Tuesday.
Nine businesses and the municipal government received grants. The amounts ranged from $7,000 to $1 million.
Innovation PEI established a steering committee to administer the fund and review funding applications; the committee included representatives from Innovation PEI, Borden-Carleton, the Central Development Corporation, ACOA, and McCain’s.
The 10 successful applicants announced include:
- MacDougall Steel: $1 million.
- Silliker Glass: $300,000.
- Atlantic Beef Products: $142,000.
- Mrs. Dunsters: $26,000.
- Tree Top Haven: $25,000.
- Island Apple Storage: $25,000.
- P.E.I. Handpie Company: $7,000.
- Town Of Borden-Carleton: $50,000.
- Canadian Cold Storage: $200,000 (subject to project approval).
- Larkins Poultry: $225,000 (subject to project approval).
Print this page
- Perspectives: Consumers want to know far beyond the nutritional label
- NSF International has developed an independent RWA certification protocol